An unconventional invention work, this is. This spoken version of "Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night" by Dylan Thomas is what led me to choose to explicate this poem. It is spoken in the movie "Interstellar", a movie centered around astronauts who think they are fighting the good fight in order to find a new earth for the current habitats of the old, dying earth. But they figure out after decades of traveling space that the plan all along was to leave everyone on earth to die and populate the new earth with the embryos on board. This poem is referenced throughout the movie and the antagonist is the one who says it. At the moment the true motives of the mission was discovered, the poem is referenced. They realize that in order to live and fight with no regrets, they must do the right thing even though it is not easy. They chose not to be the "wise" man, "good" man, the "wild" man,o the "grave" man. The wise man would done exactly what they were set up to do, leave earth and the current inhabitants behind. The "good" man would have stayed on earth and tried to make everything better with small minuscule efforts. The wild man wouldn't have cared because after all, drinking and partying are all that matters. The grave man would have just sat in the house and withered away with the earth. They chose to be men not of neutrality or ignorance but of passion and enlightenment. This is why I chose this poem, because it encourages a radical way of living life to its fullest with purpose and this movie supports the poem's message.
This is a reflection of Project 3 that goes over just a few of the important choices I made while exploring the topic of a growth mindset. It also demonstrates how I came upon a more specific topic and my stance on it. Project 3 Reflection, Mind over Bias The first decision I made was on the general idea I wanted to write about. I knew I had experience with a growth-mindset and how effective it was in my educational pursuit. As I continued to expand on the topic of the effectiveness of a growth mindset is, I ran into some “theory-holes” (holes in the theory of the growth mindset, that is). So, I decided to explore the defects of implementing the power of mindsets in the classroom. Once I realized there was a gap in the power of the mindset, I discovered the specific topic of my essay and my stance on the subject matter. My rough draft was just my article summaries patched together in a somewhat cohesive way with an introduction and conclusion. What I decided it ...
Comments
Post a Comment